If you wish to have more than one simultaneous user of TelcoMgr you will need a license/copy for each user and a shared drive/folder in Local Area Network. The following configuration is suitable for up to five users, that are running the same Windows operating system. The Microsoft LAN Manager on XP and Vista or Windows 7/8 could be problematic.
In this scenario the TelcoMgr executable binary libraries and the data files coexist in the same share drive/folder in a central computer or server. None of the files are installed on the local computers
(1) First decide which computer will serve as your main computer or file server where TelcoMgr’s databases will be kept. We refer to this main computer as your Server. We refer each additional computer as the Client.
(2) Install TelcoMgr on your main computer or file server. First-time or New users must install the SAMPLE DATA. Make a note of the literal file path and directory name (i.e. c:\telcomgr\) on your Server where you install TelcoMgr.
(2) Apply your new multi-license activation code as described above.
(3) On each Client computer that you wish to run TelcoMgr, map a drive letter to the literal path name on your main computer or file server for TelcoMgr. For example, you can create a folder named c:\telcomgr on your main computer. This must be the same directory name and file path where TelcoMgr has been installed on your Server. Then, using your Windows File Explorer on your Client computer you can map this folder as drive T:\telcomgr\ on your Client computer.
(4) On each Client computer that you wish to install the software, run the installation program from the Client computer and select the mapped drive or directory name of your Server where TelcoMgr was installed. Alternately, you can create or send a short cut from the telcomgr.exe to the client desktop.
(5) Add a HTML and/or PDF version of the User Guide to each Client Computer if desirable.
Client to a Network Shared Drive or Server
In this scenario the TelcoMgr executable binary libraries are installed on each client computer and the TelcoMgr are installed on a Server shared folder.
(1) Install the entire TelcoMgr system on to the Server, the default installation will save the executable files under the Windows Program folder and the data files into a public share folder.
(2) Repeat this process on each client computer. However, during the installation process the identical data path to the shared folder on the Server must be selected. Typically mapping the TelcoMgr shared folder as a 'mapped drive' simplifies the install process on the client computer.
User Note: For installations that require more than five users we recommend running TelcoMgr on a Windows Server through Terminal Services or Remote Desktop Connection.
+1 800 644 2056